Getting Better

Monday and Tuesday were tough days.
I started building out the hull. This is another first, so… my strips were too thick, too wide, and not planned out so well. Even after reading up on it… I really had to step through it a few times before I could really see the process. Lucky, this boat is entirely hull, and I will be skinning the inside too, so there will be lots of practice.
Today I took a step back and worked on the strip layout as well as the strip dimensions. For the dimensions… I am locked into 1/2 inch thick for this layer. So to make the strips more flexible I made a series of 1/4 inch deep lateral cuts on the table saw and then ripped them in half. Wow, what a difference.
Still some learning ahead, but today was much better.

20130220-171530.jpg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s