Gluing up a single vertical takes about 40 minutes.
First I mark all of the dadoes from the outside panel that I am gluing. This helps drill pilot holes quickly, which is a good thing when setup times on the epoxy are fast)
Next, unscrew verticals, and get the dadoes lying down so I can get a good amount of epoxy in there.
Steps from here:
- Mix a fresh batch of epoxy
- Lay down a ton of epoxy in each dado
- Fit the ribs into the dadoes
- carefully turn over so u can use screws to clamp the glue-up
- Use existing screw holes to position each spline
- Drill new holes from the vertical frame into each lateral that are clean and can hold a good screw
- Screw everything back down using lots of good pressure
- Flip the whole assembly back over so the epoxy is sitting in the dadoes, not running out
- Use remaining epoxy to fill any gaps in the dadoes.