When I started this project I wasn’t sure about knocking out large holes in the lateral supports. I played with it a bit, but I didn’t go through the trouble of cutting them from all the supports.
Well, I’ve decided these holes are a good thing:
- Reduces the weight of each vertical by 3 pounds
- Can distribute stress more evenly if I fill the space between inner and outer walls with flotation foam
- Look awesome
So… this meant that I needed to disassemble all of the dry-fit verticals that were missing holes, cut the holes, and reassemble.
Here is a quick video of putting a vertical back together.